Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Interview with the illustrius Justine!

1. What do you do?
I do a lot of blog reading. Goooodness do I love blogger. Okay seriously, I do graphic design mostly but love doing crafts, interior design and I'm very interested in fashion.

2. Where do you come from?
I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. I love the mother land. My parents are a very supportive family and influence my designs in no way whatsoever haha.

3. Most influential.. books, movies, music, plays, poems, photos, artists?
I'm highly influenced by music and my blogroll. The kind of music I play while I'm working totally influences my design process. The blogs i follow are constantly inspiring me.

4. Does your work have a consistent message?
Recently it has. If I were to relate my work to something people out side the field can relate to, I'd call it, "Comfort Food". Comfy, casual.

5. Does your cultural/ background influence your work?
YES. I'm half mexican from my dad's side. I think the colors and grass roots style of Mexican art is amazing.

6. What are you addicted to?
Mexican food and turning all the product labels forward in my cabinets.

7. Earliest exposure to art?
Kindergarten

8. What tools/mediums do you want to work with but haven't yet?
Wacom. I'd love to own one.

9. Have you been commissioned. if so, for who and what?
Yes, I've worked on a couple freelance projects in my early graphic design days. Website and graphic design for a local Reality Agency in Lakewood, Ohio and a little later worked for a T-Shirt company in Rocky River, Ohio.

10. Besides art, what do you do?
I sing, I dance, I make muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment